Thursday, June 19, 2014

Fun Little Cross Body Bag

Not that kind of body bag...

This kind of body bag, the crossbody kind.


I was wanting to make something small for myself to carry my keys, phone and other small, lightweight items when I take my sweet little Leelu out for walks around the neighborhood.  My usual purse was just too much and weighed down the stroller so I was desperate to find or make something a little more practical.  The pattern (that I found for free) HERE, was just the ticket.

I kind of made my own special spin-off version using the pattern on the website above as a guide to keep me on track.  I'm considering going to the craft store to look for some sort of embellishment that I can add to make it look like it has watermelon seeds, since that is what this color combination makes me think of.  I've since made a few other versions of this pattern but haven't fully completed them.  When I do, I'll add pictures. 



UPDATE:

Below is the picture of the Cross Body I made for my sister.  When it came time to make one for her I decided to make it a little bigger than mine so it could accomodate her Kindle Fire.  I also chose the yarn based on her love of the beach.  It's made with 100% cotton Sugar'n Cream Stripes in Natural Stripes. I added a nice wooden elongated button to add to the natural beauty of the bag.  She loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment