Thursday, June 26, 2014

T-Shirt Yarn?!? Yes, please.

I've got a stack of old t-shirts cluttering up the closet that I need to get some use out of.

I did manage to cut up two shirts the other day, using one of them to make this little "hot pad" for use in our kitchen. 


I found a "how-to" tutorial on Pintrest for the best way to cut up old t-shirts to make a single long strand of usable yarn.  If you use Pintrest, simply search for "make t-shirt yarn" and you'll find plenty of pins on the subject!

I've got loads of old clothes that I could donate to Goodwill.  But they would probably just turn them around and sell them at ghastly prices.

But thanks to the creativity of others and the seemingly limitless possibilities found on Pintrest, I can up-cycle them myself into useful things. 

The hot pad above was whipped up in no time with a pretty simple crochet pattern that anyone can find just about anywhere.

I have another ball of brown t-shirt yarn that I can't wait to make something out of! 

What projects have you made out of t-shirt yarn? Feel free to share them in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment