Friday, July 31, 2015

Been Awhile

As you can see it's been quite some time since I last posted.  I often forget about this blog, sadly.  If you follow me on Ravelry, you know I've been a bit busy over the last year or so.

Making things has become my favorite thing to do with spare moments in my day.  I've really learned a lot since I started hooking and I have all but forgotten about knitting. I do have a hibernating knitting project I'd like to finish up before the fall hits, so I might have to squeeze it in soon.

Crochet has become my official "hobby" though.  I feel like I can get so much more accomplished with my hooks.  I've made a lot of great things.  Some useful, some novelty.

Most recently I finished Hector the Hexapus, made from Yarnspirations Octavia the Octopus pattern.






In April I completed The Crochet Crowd's Mystery Crochet-a-long Challenge afghan.  My version, while I've grown attached to it, is quite atrocious.  The color combination selection was make it or break it on this challenge.





I also finally completed a Christmas gift for my in-laws sometime March.  I love the final outcome, but man it was TEDIOUS! The Retro Circles were a hit with the in-laws.





One of the most useful items I've made for myself was a beach bag.  I finished it the night before we left for the beach in June.  My hands were sore for a few days after finishing it. You never realize how tough working two strands of cotton yarn is until you finally finish. But man, it was so worth it.  It worked beautifully and I got loads of compliments on it. I created it out of my own brain and really need to write up a pattern for it.




So, what have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment